Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Day In the Apartment

A pretty quiet day, too. It was cloudy and cool for most of it. Just as well. I slept in this morning, then worked on my nonfiction inventory. Added the books in the crate I use for a nightstand and moved The Artist's Way with the other self-help books on top of my desk. The additions finish the books in my bedroom. I'll do the nonfiction media books in the living room tomorrow or later this week.

Ran a spooky episode of Tales of the Gold Monkey during lunch. In "Trunk From the Past," Sarah White receives a truck that turns out to hold the Egyptian relics that belonged to her dead father...but she wants nothing to do with them. She wants even less to do with the young man who shows up at this point and claims to be her fiancee. When she sees what seems to be the ghost of her father twice, she can't help but wonder if there's something to the legend of the curse on the relics after all...

Spent the afternoon scrubbing my bathroom. It needed it badly. I couldn't do as much as I wanted because of my foot, but I did get the bathtub, toilet, and sink done. I shouldn't have done the floors. The bathroom floor and the rectangle of brown linoleum between the living room and the bedroom are the only floors in the apartment with no carpeting. They don't take long to clean...but they do take forever to dry. I had to practically crawl to avoid slipping on the wet floor and hurting myself again.

I worked on the computer a bit more, then put on A Night at the Opera while I made roasted Brussels sprouts, romaine and cherry tomato salad, and the last of the leftover turkey meatloaf for dinner. One of the best Marx Brothers movies takes them to Italy and the Met to help two young lovers (Allan Jones and Kitty Carisle) get their big break while avoiding the police and jamming as many people as possible into one stateroom. Of course I love this, if for no other reason than the infamous stateroom scene:

Lady: Is my Aunt Minnie in here?
Groucho: If she isn't, you can find someone just as good.

No comments: