Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Around Europe In One Week

As it turned out, Komfort Kare called ME back first thing this morning. The news wasn't good. Yes, they could provide the boot, but it would cost $169. I called Dad. He was about to take my cousin Guy and his family to the airport and had some errands to run. He would get back to me later.

I cheered myself up with a couple of episodes of Rick Stevens' Europe and getting the dolls organized. I pulled out their winter clothes, found sweaters for Tiana and Cinderella (whose dresses have short sleeves), and redressed all of the AG girls but Felicity. (Felicity doesn't have enough clothes to change into - she remains in her Laced Jacket and Petticoat.) Samantha wears her thick pink Talent Show Dress with her original heavy ribbed black stockings and Springfield Collection black flats. I put Molly in her original argyle sweater, the red skirt from the Skating Outfit (the Velcro on her "meet" skirt is too gone to use), Springfield Collection socks, and her Saddle Shoes. Jessa's far more casual in the magenta t-shirt from the 1995 modern doll meet outfit, high-top sneakers from the 1996 Blue Jeans Basics outfit, cargo pants and a navy hoodie from the 1999 Drawstring Cargos outfit, and Springfield Collection socks.

Dad called as I was putting everything away. About 20 minutes later, we headed out to Komfort Kare. I hate the stupid boot. It's HUGE. I assumed it would be about the size of normal snow boot, but with more padding. It's more like the size of a thigh-high boot, with at least five or six straps and more padding than a football player wears in an average NFL game. It's only a fractured ankle! On the other hand, they did say the insurance company will eventually refund Dad for most of the money. I feel bad about him paying for it in the first place. If only all of this happened last year, when I actually had money!

I went home with Dad briefly. He and Jodie had been babysitting my nephew Khai. He was just getting up when I arrived. He insisted on Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs again. Jodie and I groaned and slipped the Blu-Ray in for him. Rose came in half-way through the movie. She and Khai ended up taking me home.

Spent the rest of the evening photographing the girls and finishing the Rick Stevens disc. The first one I watched covered Belgium, the Netherlands, and most of France, from Paris through Amsterdam. While hearing about glamorous Monaco, Cannes, and the Riviera was fun, I think I enjoyed the trip through Brussels and Bruges the most. A country that loves chocolate, mussels, fries, waffles with everything and anything on top, trains, and bike riding? Sounds like my idea of heaven. ;)

And I'm mad at myself. When I was trying to take a shot of the three Disney Animator's Collection dolls together, I accidentally deleted all of the photos on my camera, including the great shots I got at Uncle Ken's funeral and the ones I'd taken of the dolls on the 4th of July that I never put on my computer! I have no idea how, or if, I can get them back.

1 comment:

Jackie S. said...

If it's an SD card, just Google "recover deleted files from SD card" and there are many freeware programs available.

I'm sorry to hear about your fracture.