Sunday, October 21, 2012

At Home With Music

The day didn't begin well. In fact, it began with a persistent little beep that kept going and going every minute.  It took me a while to figure out that it was the carbon monoxide detector. I called Andrew to ask him to come over and check things, but he wasn't home then. I replaced the batteries; it kept making that one little beep. I then read the back of the detector. Turns out it lets out four long beeps every five seconds when there's something really wrong. It lets out one beep when the batteries need to be changed...or when the detector needs to be replaced. It says it needs to be replaced every seven years. I've lived here for seven years now, and it was there when I moved in. I finally gave it to Andrew late in the afternoon.

Otherwise, today was quite uneventful. I made Gingerbread Pancakes while listening to Brunch With the Beatles. The theme today was the Revolver album. Along with Rubber Soul, this was one of the albums that helped usher in the more mature Beatles sound, with songs like "Doctor Robert," "Good Day Sunshine," "Love Me To," "And Your Bird Can Sing," "Tomorrow Never Knows," and "I Want to Tell You."

It was a beautiful day outside, sunny, breezy, and warm...which is probably why I couldn't get a hold of anyone. In addition to Andrew, I also tried calling Mom, Dad-Bruce, and Jodie. Bruce was the only one who has called me back. He and Jodie were doing hosting at a local winery, which didn't surprise me. I wanted to do my laundry again. Oh well, I'll do it tomorrow.

Spent the rest of the day hanging around my apartment, doing stuff online, reading, and listening to cast albums and records. I was feeling like some recent shows. Ended up doing Wicked, an adaptation of the fantasy novel on the early years of the Wicked Witch of the West, and several 80s records.

No comments: