Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Writer's Way

I spent most of the day doing writing and watching Wings episodes. I did one more quick Helium flash fiction story before I spent the rest of the evening working on the collectibles inventory. This is the list of all my toys that are more-or-less now considered to be a collector's item, including the remaining Care Bears and collectible bears, Candy, Brandy, and Cindy Lou the porcelain dolls. the Effanbee dolls, the Pooh stuffed animals, the Lady Lovely Locks dolls, and assorted vintage finds from yard sales and my childhood.

Rose finally took me to the Acme around 4:30. As it turns out, she'd had her reasons for being late - her son Khai got the flu this morning. I didn't really need a huge order anyway. I didn't even get some things I wanted. There's no good chicken sales at the Acme (which is odd, since turkey is on the same really cheap sale it's been for Thanksgiving the past two or three years), and I finally decided I didn't need eggs or oranges. There were still a lot of things I did need - bananas, batteries, Nutella (it was on sale for cheaper than my usual natural peanut butter), the Acme's generic Cheerios, sugar, tea, and generic canned Great Northern Beans (to replace what I used on the tuna salad earlier in the week). They finally had buttermilk in, too.

I got a long, well-meaning lecture from Rose when we got back to my apartment about spending too much on food. She says I need to stop baking for myself. It costs too much money. So does buying lots of boxes of Tastycakes...and what I make is better for you. I've already cut some things out of the budget. Every time I think I'm doing the right thing, I'm doing the wrong thing. I'll call the therapist tomorrow.

1 comment:

Linda said...

You are certainly better making things for yourself! The stuff in stores either costs too much (organic) or is filled with sugar and preservatives!