Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Writer on a Rainy Day

I spent most of the day in front of the computer. My original plan for today was doing the laundry and volunteering at the Oaklyn Library, but the weather was so messy, I decided to just skip it. I never did hear from my manager. I did, however, hear from my sister Rose. She couldn't come over, so we took a look at my finances online. It was hard to explain about everything I've paid for over the past few months. I feel like such a fool. I didn't know Lucile Roberts would take $100 out of my account just for canceling my membership, or that it would cost almost that much to simply switch my line from Verizon to Comcast. My papers still haven't gone through for Disability, either.

After I got off the phone with Rose, I called the Union to get the addresses of a couple of other therapists in the area. I still haven't heard from the one down the street. Unfortunately, the next closest therapists are in Haddonfield. Oh well. It'll just require a day off again. I'll give the other therapist until tomorrow to call; if I haven't heard from her by tomorrow night or Thursday, I'll call the Haddonfield counselors.

I wish I knew where to go next. I spent the rest of the evening looking up more Websites that will publish content quickly. Trouble is...none of them pay well. I need real writing jobs that pay more than a few cents or a few dollars an hour. I did spend a few hours making a Squidoo lens for my doll and teddy bear collections. It's just the basics right  now - we'll see what we can do with it in the coming weeks.

The Riverside Rest - Where Dolls and Bears Meet

Speaking of American Girl, I ran Samantha: An American Girl Holiday before and during dinner. This was the first of four (to date) movies released based after the historical American Girl characters. Although it's not my favorite of the AG movies, it does revolve around one of my favorite historical characters. Samantha's tales of rescuing orphans in 1904 were never terribly realistic, and that comes off even less well here. On the other hand, I do like how she keeps her deceased mother's pictures and journal in the boathouse to keep her close to her, and the sweet sequence in the boathouse between her and her best friend, servant girl Nellie O'Malley.

No comments: