Sunday, December 09, 2012

Wet Victory

It was pouring when I awoke around 10AM. I wrote in my journal, then got dressed and put on Brunch With the Beatles. Rubber Soul was in the spotlight today. One of my favorite Beatles albums features great songs like "Girl," "Nowhere Man," "In My Life"," "Michelle," "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)," and "Run For Your Life." We also got an alternate take of "I'm Looking Through You" and two hits that were released around this time but not included in the album, "Paperback Writer" and "We Can Work It Out."

I made Apple Cinnamon Pancakes and tried calling Mom. Had a very brief chat with her. Today was my youngest nephew Collyn's birthday (he's 4), and she was on her way out to help his mother with his party. After I got off with her, I wrote a story for Helium for an hour, until I switched from my Christmas CDs to the Eagles game on a local sports station, WIP.

I worked on something for friends while listening to the Eagles-Buccaneers game. It was the best game the Eagles have played in weeks. They were actually starting to come together. Their new rookie quarterback is really looking like a star. They were winning through the first quarter. By the time I was eating my hasty lunch of leftover lentil soup, Tampa Bay had started to catch up. They'd just moved past them as I was heading out  the door to work.

The game was on in the back room when I arrived. Though they were still losing when I got in, several customers told me they made a huge last-minute play that finally won them the game, 23-21. Otherwise, this was a pretty normal night, busy when I came in, quiet when I left. The Giants-New Orleans game was on during my break. The Giants were winning when I was watching, and apparently would continue to do so, ultimately taking the game 52-27.

Oh, and I got pretty lucky. The rain had stopped by the time I headed to work. It was just sprinkling when I got home, but it came down harder for a while after I got in. Doesn't sound like it's doing anything now.


No comments: