Saturday, January 12, 2013

Donations and Dusting

I slept in and didn't get to today's errands until almost 11. I had at least two more bags of donations to take over to the Logan Presbyterian Church. They usually open the thrift shop every other week...but perhaps because of the holidays, they were open two weeks in a row. Instead of trying to load everything onto my bike this time, I dropped it in Miss Ellie's old cart instead. It took a little longer to walk there, but was much easier to haul. I got it there around 11:40. This time, I didn't see anything that I wanted and headed out empty-handed.

Stopped at WaWa on the White Horse Pike on the way home for a fountain soda; added raspberry and vanilla syrups to Diet Dr. Pepper. Since I was passing the Oaklyn Library on my way home, I volunteered there, too. Mainly organized DVDs and the kids' books today. They'd moved the kids' tables and chairs back into the kids' area and moved the board book to a smaller stand-alone shelf. I also stopped at Doria's Deli to say "hi" and buy eggs.

When I got in, I had lunch and watched more public-domain cartoons, then spent the rest of the afternoon dusting the apartment. It really needed it. I haven't done any cleaning since the week before Thanksgiving. Even so, I was running short on time at that point. I didn't do the most thorough job in the world - I didn't dust under the Star Wars action figures or the dolls on top of the closets. I did dust under the books on the bookshelves across from my bed and near the windows, but that's because they were so bad, I couldn't get away with leaving them as they were.

I left for work a little early. I needed to pick up my contacts from America's Best. I wouldn't have done it so close to work if I'd realized how busy they were! They were so busy, the guy at the desk got my contacts mixed up with someone else's and had to rush out to give me the right ones. I just barely got to work on time.

Ironically, work was stone-cold dead for most of the night. Two very exciting NFL playoff games and heavy fog likely contributed to this. The Ravens came from behind to beat the Broncos in double overtimethe 49ers beat the heavily favored Packers 45-31. Other than dealing with a few obnoxious customers, I spent most of the night being very bored. 

Oh, and I went online briefly this afternoon and discovered that, after putting numerous bids on Sailor Pluto dolls from the 12 inch 2000 Irwin line for the past five years or so, only to see them skyrocket beyond my budget, I finally won her. She ended up being $40 with shipping, still steep, but not nearly as high as the $70 or $80 I've seen her command online. She's the last doll I need to complete my collection. Sailor Pluto is the Guardian of the Time Gate, the quiet, mature older "college girl" soldier. She's my favorite character on the series other than Sailor Moon/Serena herself, and I'm thrilled to finally have her. 

No comments: