Thursday, January 31, 2013

Balance On a Windy Day

Not only did I oversleep for yoga classes this morning, but I don't really have any money left until I get paid tomorrow. I opted to do one of the DDP Yoga discs Lauren sent me last winter at home instead. I went with the one that concentrated on strength training. There were a lot of squats, warrior poses, splits, and leaning on the shoulders. I can do the squats (though they're a little rough on my bad knee) and the warrior poses. I have a harder time with the splits and leaning on the shoulders - my arms aren't very well-developed.

After I finished, I had leftovers for lunch and ran another Faerie Tale Theatre episode. "Pinocchio" takes us back into comic territory. The title character is a wooden boy (Paul Reubens, just before Pee-Wee Herman) who is created by a kindly woodcarver named Gepetto (Carl Reiner) who wants a son. When the Blue Fairy (Lainie Kazan) brings the puppet to life, Gepetto is delighted...until his new son first steals food, then runs off with a couple of hooligans (one is John Belushi) and a gypsy who want to exploit him. Pinocchio enjoys himself at first, but then realizes how much trouble his lies have gotten him and his father into when they end up in the belly of a whale!

A great cast in one of the more interesting episodes of the series. Those who aren't fond of Reubens' Pee-Wee shtick may want to avoid this one; otherwise, it's great to watch some of the better comic character actors of the 80s chew into bad Italian accents.

Once again, I did work on the computer until it was time to go to head out; ran a few Three Stooges shorts while I got ready to go. "Yes, We Have No Bonanza" has Moe, Curly, and Larry as prospectors seeking gold in order to marry their sweethearts. The trio are detectives searching for a kidnapped professor and a lost Egyptian tomb in "We Want Our Mummy."

Work was very busy for most of the night; it is the beginning of the month. It was windy and chillier than yesterday, but otherwise not that bad out. It finally slowed down long enough for me to head out with no problems.

No comments: