Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Fine Feathered Reporters

I spent most of the morning running the second disc of Lois & Clark episodes. This is definitely not for people who like their superheroes dark and edgy. The plots are charming and fun but kind of goofy. "I'm Looking Through You" involves a meek scientist who invents an invisible suit, then needs Clark and Lois' help when his suits are stolen by crooks. "Requiem for a Superhero" pits Superman against boxers whose cyborg parts may put them out of the ring...and were invented by Lois' estranged scientist father. The last one has our dynamic duo undercover in a typical nightclub straight out of one of Warner's gangster movies of the 30s. While Lois purrs "I've Got a Crush On You" and dances in feathers, Clark romances a female gangster who owns the club and wants to go legit.

I did manage to make it to CVS before work today. I meant to stop at Rite Aid yesterday after my library run, but I was out too late. Turns out CVS was having a couple of good shampoo and conditioner sales. I ended up with Pantene. (I think Herbal Essences discontinued their curl formula.) I also badly needed a notebook for my offline journal. I finished the last one the day before yesterday! Got sponges, too.

Went home and had leftovers for lunch, then headed to work. Work was steady through the end of rush hour, after which it was on and off. With the beginning of the month winding down, the holiday season ending, and no local football teams in the playoffs, it probably won't be busy again here until Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend.

No comments: