Monday, April 29, 2013

A Little Fall of Rain

It was damp and gloomy and showering when I got up this morning, and it continued to shower off and on all day. I slept in, then watched cartoons while having cereal for breakfast. After that, I did some things on the computer, mainly paying bills and going through old stories.

It was nearly 1:30 when I arrived at the laundromat. The rain still hadn't subsided, nor did it look like it would anytime soon. It was humid and warmer than I thought it would be, probably in the lower 60s. The weather must have scared everyone off. The laundromat was quiet all afternoon except for Steve Harvey's new show and one other guy who kept asking me to watch his clothes. Thankfully, I had a small load that didn't require much drying time. I was home within an hour.

Finished out the Disney shorts while I folded my laundry and made a quick lunch, then switched to some Wonder Woman. In the first episode of the third season, Diana Prince searches for a kidnapped rock star right before his big concert. In the second, she and Steve go after a Rolls Royce with a government secret in the hood ornament.

The Disney shorts had their own fun with traveling and adventure. Goofy, Donald, and Mickey are on the open road in "Mickey's Trailer." It's all smooth riding until Goofy accidentally kicks the trailer's hook off and Donald and Mickey and up taking a wild ride downhill. Goofy has his own problems when he takes a "Two Week Vacation" that turns into a disaster, and when he leaves his job to move to a tropical paradise in "Hello Aloha."

It was still showering when I headed to work, and it continued all night. We were busy during rush hour despite the weather; it is the beginning of the month. Things slowed down after rush hour ended, and it was pin-drop quiet by the time I left around 9:30. It was raining when I came home; I think it's supposed to continue through tomorrow morning at press time.

No comments: