Monday, April 28, 2014

"Cheese, Cheese, the Robot Said Cheese...."

I began a sunny day with a short walk after breakfast. My sore side wasn't up to a long walk. I wanted to at least enjoy a little of the sunshine before the rain moves in tomorrow. It was a gorgeous morning, in the mid-60s, and not even windy like it has been the past few days. Lots of people were outside, walking their dogs or working in their gardens. The trees are in full flower here now. The lilac bushes are about to bloom, and the forsythias are a riot of golden yellow. The daffodils and hyacinths are mostly gone, replaced by tulips and lilies in radiant shades of while, lavender, gold, flame orange, and fire engine red. I strolled down Goff Avenue to the boat landing. I didn't stay there long. It was so pretty there, but there were dogs out in fenced in yards kicking up a racket, and my sore right side is still feeling pretty stiff.

I went to work shortly after. It was a very long evening. We were not only busy all afternoon, but we started running out of the stickers for the Monopoly game towards the evening. Thankfully, I gave out my last one only about a half-hour before I was done. It's the beginning of the month, which means all kinds of fun people coming out of the woodwork, too. There were some nice ladies who helped an older man who had to go back to his house for his debit card get his order back on the register. Other than that, I was just happy that my relief was on time.

Even though it was still busy when I finished, I had things I needed to buy. I finally found an alternative to the awkward heating pad and the messy IcyHot that just didn't seem to be enough. I bought Acme's generic "Cold & Hot" medicated pads - unlike the heating pad, I'm able to lay on it and sit on it. They're also having a massive clearance on tooth cleaning items. I found a 2-pack of the larger size of Crest Pro-Health for $2.99. (And I'm glad I grabbed it when I came in. When I was done, it was gone.) Tons of sponges were also on clearance; bought a 3-pack of Scotch Pads for $1.50. I didn't really need sponges, but that was too good of a deal to pass up.

I put on some Backyardigans to cheer myself up when I got home and had salmon, spinach, and mushrooms for dinner. Two of my favorite episodes had fun with pop culture. "Front Page News" has Tasha as a reporter with a secret identity - she's Super Snap, Bigopolis' newest superheroine! Her boss Pablo wants her to get a really great shot of the robot rampaging downtown for the front page. Trouble is, she's too busy helping Captain Bubble (Tyrone) and Bug Girl (Uniqua) save the day to get the picture! At least, until the robot keeps saying "cheese" over and over again. The other two thinks he wants real cheese, but Tasha knows what he's after.

Austin gets a chance at the spotlight in "Le Master of Disguise." He's the Inspector tracking down the title character (Pablo) on the Orient Express. Despite the fact that it's hard to disguise a penguin, Austin can't tell where his little blue friend is anyway. Could the Master of Disguise be Tyrone the Cow-Moose? Or Tasha the Circus Performer? Or even Uniqua the Conductor? Austin has a unique way of figuring it out - find Pablo's unusual laugh!

No comments: