Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Frozen Spring

I wish I could have slept longer this morning. It just felt so nice under my blankets! I did have to get up - I had work at 11. I cheered myself up with Bugs Bunny's Easter Funnies. This late 70s Looney Tunes special is one of two Tunes prime-time shows done for Easter. The Easter Bunny is sick, and Bugs has to work, so Granny tries to find a replacement among the regular Tunes roster. This is basically an excuse to show clips from popular shorts like "Birds Anonymous" and "Knighty-Knight Bugs," with little other connection to Easter besides the Easter Bunny appearing in the beginning and the end.

Bugs Bunny did do at least one theatrical Easter short. "Easter Yeggs" has him taking over the Easter Bunny's job when the latter complains he's too tired to go on. No wonder he's having problems. Bugs is first attacked by the nasty toddler son of criminals who wants an Easter egg NOW, and then by Elmer Fudd, who wants' Easter Bunny stew for dinner. Bugs finally finds a way to turn the tables on both...and then teach the Easter Bunny a lesson as well.

Today was my 8 1/2 hour day. It was really busy almost the entire day. We're not normally this busy in the middle of the week; I guess a lot of people are getting ready for Easter early. We were also short on help for much of the day, especially in the morning, when a lot of our work force is at school. And I'm not entirely happy about picking up hours on Friday. It's just 10 to 2, but that means I'll now have to rush everything I had planned for that day.

The weather didn't help. It supposedly snowed briefly in some places last night. If it did, it was long gone by 11 AM. It was windy and much chillier than it has been, though not as bad as I figured it would be. The sun was still warm, despite the wind. It's supposed to be cold again tonight and tomorrow, then start getting warmer by Friday.

No comments: