Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Windy Day

Started a still-cloudy morning with another third-season episode of Moonlighting. "The Man Who Cried Wife" hires Maddie and David to find out how his wife is still calling him...when he killed her and buried the body. Meanwhile, the sudden marriage of one of their employees has David and Maddie arguing over if love should be spontaneous or if relationships should be nurtured for much longer.

I headed to the laundromat around quarter of 11. I know I just did it on Thursday, but I'm going to need clean work uniforms before my next day off on Friday, and this is my only late day this week. While there were a few people folding things when I came in (including one of my co-workers), it was mostly quiet. I read and listened to The View in peace. When I got in, I quickly folded clothes while listening to Bruce Springsteen's The Rising. I had just enough time afterwards to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on banana bread before changing and rushing off to work.

It was still cloudy and windy when I went in. By the 4PM rush hour, the clouds were gone and the sun was out (though the wind remained). We were on and off busy all day, mostly during the early afternoon before the college kids came in. Once they were on duty, we had plenty of help. I spent the last hour doing one of the two carts piled high with returns.

I had leftovers for dinner when I got home while running two very 90s first-season episodes of Tiny Toon Adventures. "Cinemaniacs" parodies the Superman, Star Trek, and Indiana Jones franchises (long before any of them were revived), along with the gigantic multiplexes that had begun popping up in malls. "Life In the Nineties" has the Toons eating (and sneaking out of) a trendy restaurant, Buster trying to give Montana Max the bill for his newspaper subscription, and Babs showing Rhubella and Roderick Rat the evils of smoking.

No comments: