Friday, October 24, 2014

Sunset Dinner at Sonic

Started a sunny, cool morning with breakfast and Moonlighting. In the fifth season episode "I See England, I See France, I See Maddie's Netherworld," Maddie and David find themselves confronting their mortality when a client dies of a heart attack while waiting in their office. Shortly afterwards, his partner arrives, looking for something he had on him. The duo find themselves being chased by three spies, spending time with a corpse, and arguing over the idea of the afterlife and if there really is anything "on the other side."

I actually showed up a little early at work. I thought I was supposed to be there at 11, but the schedule said 11:30. At any rate, I did stay until 5:30, and it was probably a good thing, too. We were busy all afternoon, and it just got worse during rush hour. I was just barely able to shut down and get out on time.

(Oooh, and I got a compliment from two managers and a customer. Someone gave me all 10s for dealing well with a customer who was nasty yesterday. I'll have a five-star card up for a drawing for a 50-dollar gift card this week.)

I went right into grocery shopping after work. I didn't need a whole lot this week. The big thing was meat. I found a small seasoned turkey tenderloin with a manager's coupon. I'll have that for dinner tomorrow. Pillsbury Cake Mix was 99 cents - I bought a box of Devil's Food Cake to replace the chocolate mix I used earlier in the week. Restocked unbleached white flour, applesauce, double A batteries, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (not on sale, but Smart Balance doesn't make the 50/50 butter anymore).

Next week's schedule is slightly better than this week's. I'm still not happy about having to work early on Sunday (though 9:30 to 3:30 does mean I'll be out just in time for the Eagles-Cardinals game). I work 1 to 7 on Halloween. That means I'll miss trick-or-treat, but should be back in Oaklyn right on time for the parade. The parade is supposed to be at 7, but Oaklyn parades NEVER start on time. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off, Tuesday for counseling.

After I did my shopping, I went over to the Audubon Crossings Shopping Center for what may be one of my last dinners at Sonic of the year. Despite the nice night, the patio wasn't busy when I arrived. I got my loaded cheeseburger, tater tots, and cherry limeade quickly. By the time a couple of pre-teen boys were ordering Dr. Peppers and bacon cheeseburgers with extra cheese, I was finishing my limeade and enjoying the gorgeous magenta sunset over the Black Horse Pike.

When I got home, I put everything away while running another horror-themed TV show episode. Even Wonder Woman's feeling a bit creepy in the second season episode "Seance of Terror." A little boy with psychic powers is being forced by his con-artist guardians to lure three diplomats from an important peace conference. Wonder Woman has to find where they've been taken and convince the kid that his powers are worth a lot more than being used for con games.

Donald Duck lets his imagination run away with him in the freaky mid-40s Disney short "Duck Pimples." A dark and rainy night leaves Donald at home with a scary pulp mystery that gets a little too real in his overheated brain!

No comments: