Monday, September 28, 2015

Gray Autumn

Began the day with some Remember WENN over breakfast. Mackie Bloom is "A Star In Stripes Forever" when a gangster appears at the station whom he had once been in jail with. His attempts to hide from the gangster fall flat. Scott and the others come up with a way to use their current show "Listen To Your Life" to get rid of him.

Hit the laundromat as soon as breakfast was over. They were far less busy than last week! I didn't really have a big load, anyway. I worked on notes and listened to Let's Make a Deal and The Price Is Right.

There was a reason I watched that episode this morning, and it had to do with my current fanfiction. Mackie and Betty join Scott in another carriage raid. Scott's more than a little shocked to discover notorious gangster Palermo Racine and lovely actress Grace Cavendish. Grace has some interesting powers of her own...and Betty's not happy when she tries to use them on Scott...

Started Snow White and the Three Stooges while having leftovers for lunch. This unique musical version of the famous fairy tale replaces the usual dwarfs with the famous slapstick trio in their early-mid 60's incarnation with Curly Joe. A lot of fans aren't crazy about this fantasy on ice, due to the Stooges' gags having been dialed down by then. I think it's very sweet if you like big 60's musicals or fantasy-oriented musicals.

Work was busy for most of the evening. Today was the last day of a 4-day sale, mostly on meat and seafood. I did have one problem early on. I was scolded for not asking a woman to see the folder that comes with her WIC Checks. I just wanted to get the line moving and didn't even think about it. Otherwise, there were no major problems, and it slowed down enough by 7 that I was able to leave without a relief.

And I wish it would just rain! It's been off-and-on cloudy all day here, and warmer and more humid than it has been. It looks like we may get some later this week.

No comments: