Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Glorious Indian Summer

It was sunny and hot when I got up this morning. Had breakfast while watching a few more Cat In the Hat episodes. "Let's Go Fly a Kite" takes us into the air when the kids notice clouds moving. The Cat has them fly a kite in a windy valley to show how wind works. "Water Walkers" are bugs that seem to "walk" on pond surfaces, thanks to tiny bubbles in the fuzz on their feet. "Minnie Meerkat" shows the group how meerkats dig tunnels to stay safe and watch out for one another.

Spent a few hours writing before work. It's the next morning, and the kids and Hank are worried about Poe. He never came home the night before. Hank's partner Charles shows up with Baby. The puppy is scared and dirty...and carrying vital information. Rey finds a piece of a map on her collar. It looks like part of the Bowery, but she can't tell which part.

Work was a bit of a pain. Despite it not being that busy, I kept getting called up front throughout the first half of my shift. Doing returns isn't easy, either. They're rearranging the store. Most things have been moved. I don't mind it so much, but it does means returns are going to take a bit longer than usual. I was glad I got to spend the last two hours doing returns, even if it wasn't that bad. It was too nice of a day to be inside anyway. The weather remains breezy and hot, probably in the lower 80's.

Finished out Cat In the Hat while eating leftovers for dinner. "No SSSweater Is Better" than a snake skin, as Nick discovers when they encounter a snake in the desert. Nick's reluctant to give up his favorite sweater. It's his lucky sweater, but it doesn't fit anymore. He feels better about letting it go after hearing about how snakes shed their skin when they outgrow them. "The Rain Game" takes them to the rain forest. Sally wants water for her garden, but the rain doesn't reach past the dense tree tops. They have to fly through thick leaves - and past several different varieties of animals - to find rain.

This time, I managed to finish eating before starting Lego Star Wars. I finally had enough gold bricks to get into the last bonus round. It's a second version of the Lego Town. I just couldn't figure the whole thing out, even with a wide variety of characters to choose from. I'll look that one up online and go back later.

I also discovered you can actually go outside the main hub. I did build a few things, including a track with coins, but there was one area I just couldn't figure out how to open. I'll return another time.

Did better with the regular rounds. I had a harder time with the "Count Dooku" boss round than the General Grievous one last night. Did get the red brick, but not all the pieces, even after going through twice. Was able to find all the pieces on the last round in Return of the Jedi, the one where the Falcon blows up the Death Star. Tried "Through the Jutland Wastes" again, but only got one more piece.

Oh, and happy birthday to my best friend Lauren Miller! I'm so embarrassed I forgot to send her something. I'll get cookies out to her next week.

No comments: