Wednesday, October 26, 2016

On a Fall Afternoon

Got up late again. I just felt so good under my nice, warm blankets! It just got into the mid-50's today. When I finally did get moving, I put on a spooky episode of Wonder Woman. Diana Prince finds herself at a "Seance of Terror" towards the end of the second season. A little boy and his guardians use the child's psychic abilities to lure three prime ministers about to argue for peace to their home for a seance to speak to their lost loved ones. Diana suspects that the kid and the politicians are being used, and that, while the boy's powers are very real, his guardians aren't quite so legit.

Decided to try something different after breakfast. There's a recipe for Peanut Butter-Oat Bran Cookies on the back of the box of Hodgson's Mill Oat Bran Hot Cereal. It was so simple, you just mixed the batter in the pan you melted the butter in. Yum. For the most part, they came out very well, sweet and nutty. Too sweet, actually. I don't think it needs the white and the brown sugar. If I ever make these again, I'll use one and not the other, or reduce the amount used for both.

Here's a modified version of the recipe I used with added spices.

I had just enough time to pull the cookies out of the oven and change before hurrying off to work. Work was on-and-off busy. The re-arranging continues. Most things have been moved down an aisle (except for the salad dressings and condiments at press time) or a few aisles down. They were rearranging the cereals early this afternoon. It made shelving items a real pain. Things didn't get much better when the new manager sent me out to do carts instead of letting me go on break, like I was supposed to. I was supposed to go on break at 2. I didn't get one until nearly 3. At least it was a gorgeous day to round up carts. It was windy and chilly, but not too bad.

When I got off work, I went straight home and onto the computer. The Kids' Halloween party is going really well. Rey puts on "Some Enchanted Evening," from South Pacific, the biggest Broadway show of 1949, to get the romantic juices flowing. Finn's delighted when not only do Han and Leia seem to be reconciling, but Rey agrees to dance with him, too.

Finished the night with leftovers for dinner and more Lego Star Wars. Started with "Darth Vader," the last round of Revenge of the Sith. Once I got past the opening sequence that involved jumping over the lava (and found that one piece hiding at the end), that wasn't much of a problem. My trouble with jumping over the lava fields kept me from getting True Jedi, but I did find all the pieces and the red brick.

Moved to "Gunship Calvary" in Attack of the Clones next. I didn't do any better at this one the second time around. Couldn't find the red brick and just missed True Jedi, but I did get most of the pieces.

Skipped ahead to "Secret Plans," the first round of New Hope. I already had True Jedi and the red brick here, but I did pick up a few more pieces.

Ended with "Falcon Flight" from Empire Strikes Back. Having the TIE Fighters allows you to get into a few areas that are Imperial-only. I was able to get most of the pieces here and the red brick. Slammed into a few too many asteroids for True Jedi, though.

No comments: