Monday, October 24, 2016

Jedi Riders In the Sky

The wind continued to howl when I pulled out of the four blankets on my bed this morning. I warmed up with oat bran and Cranberry Flummery for breakfast while watching an episode of Laverne & Shirley. "Haunted House" from the second season has the duo checking out a house about to be demolished, hoping to buy a couch cheap. Shirley's not sure about this. Her brothers have told her about a "hairy thing" that lurks in the walls of the old manor. Laverne thinks she's being silly...until they hear noises while shopping, and the man in charge of the sale and Lenny and Squiggy disappear...

Worked on writing for a couple of hours. As Hank drives Leia and the kids to Skywalker Manor, they have no idea it's already occupied. The First Order Gang is there, along with Professor Snoke, a discredited scientist who has done unethical experiments on mind control. He intends to use the kids and the Solos in his dastardly experiments. He sends the Gang after them, then turns his attention to his prisoner, Poe Dameron.

Broke a little early to bake Cranberry-Chocolate Chip Muffins. Ran an episode of Moonlighting as I ate and got ready for work. Maddie's got enough on her plate during the fifth season without the dead people who turn up in "I See London, I See France, I See Maddie's Netherworld." A man dies in their office...and then a friend of his turns up the next day, claiming he had the other half of a lottery ticket. It turns out there's a lot more to his plot than lottery winnings. Dave and Maddie find themselves chasing a body across town, while arguing over the idea of death and there being something "on the other side."

Work was the opposite of yesterday - steady to quiet when I came in, busy when I left. Once again, we had plenty of bagging help but nowhere near enough help in the registers, and I got stuck in the register more than I would have preferred. And we have a new manager. He seemed pleasant enough, but it means I'm going to have someone new to get used to.

As soon as I got home, I hit the shower to get that out of the way. After I got out, I heated up leftovers for dinner. Continued with Lego Star Wars as I ate. Went back to "Death Star Escape" first. The Fast Build extra was a huge help here. I was finally able to build that mosaic fast enough to get past the part with all the stormtroopers. Got a few more pieces, including one fairly easy one I hadn't noticed before.

Moved backwards to "Escape From Naboo." I didn't realize there were ledges you can jump onto in order to pick up more pieces. I got almost all of them and "True Jedi."

Went briefly back to "Escape From Echo Base." Got a few more pieces, but didn't have the time to finish all of this one.

Ended with the first level of Revenge of the Sith. Woohoo! No wonder Anakin seemed to be having so much fun with this in the movie. Trying the various ships out is a blast, and most of the pieces and the red brick are pretty easy to find. I got all but one piece (and just missed True Jedi).

Oh, and I discovered another rare Star Wars read-along story on YouTube tonight. This is a comic-book style story surrounding C-3PO, set some time after Return of the Jedi (the opening narration mentions that Han and Leia are married by this point). It's pretty darn fun to see fussy Threepio acting like the opposite of his usual self - Han's reactions in particular are gold.

The Mixed Up Droid - 1995 Original Story

No comments: