Saturday, June 26, 2021

Of Goofs and Heroes

Started off a quick morning with breakfast and Hogan's Heroes. The Gestapo want to learn "How to Catch a Papa Bear" when they attempt to capture Hogan. What they end up with is Newkirk, who went to talk to three suspicious agents in his place. While Hogan and the boys try to figure out how to rescue him, they also have to keep Klink and Schultz from realizing he's gone.

Headed out shortly after the episode ended. Surprisingly, today was no busier than it's been all week, despite it being the weekend. Everyone either went to the Shore, are focusing on barbecues and birthday parties, or are waiting for the beginning of the month and the 4th of July next week. We were off-and-on steady the entire afternoon, and never worse than mildly busy. Someone left rainbow-themed cupcakes and trays of cookies and sandwiches for us in the back, too, I'm guessing in honor of Pride Month. 

Finally got my schedule today, too. In good news, mostly later hours, Tuesday and next Saturday off. That does mean I'm not sure when I'll get my laundry done...and not only do I still have 8 and 7 hour days on Wednesday and Thursday, those are the days when the heat is supposed to be at its worst. 

Took the long way home down Nicholson Road. This will be the last day for at least the next week when it won't be too hot to do so. It was hazy and a lot more humid, but also cloudy and not really that hot. Even Nicholson Road was more dead that usual. I had no trouble anywhere, not even around the usual busy spots at the train bridge and the entrance to the Audubon Crossings Shopping Center. 

When I came home, a backhoe sat next to part of the driveway that had already been dug into. Jodie said they won't really be tearing the cement up until Monday. I'll have to keep the bike in my apartment until they're done. I moved my bike tools, the inner tubes, and the tire pump into my place for the duration...and I suspect, likely until I move. 

Went straight into writing after I changed. The Red King (Mark Goodson) insists that his men take the lot of them prisoner, reminding Richard (Dawson) the White Knight that he has no real jurisdiction in Wonderland. He has the eyes and ears of the King and Queen of Hearts...and he intends to use them and make everyone behave the way he wants them to.

I was so tired, I didn't break for dinner until 7:30. Had leftovers while watching more Hogan. The obnoxious Colonel Crittendon returns to take command of "Hogan's Trucking Service...We Deliver the Factory to You," as he's now in charge of the local underground. Hogan tries to blow up two bridges in the area and hold up traffic despite Crittendon's dubious assistance. 

The boys find the agents in "To the Gestapo With Love" to be far more interesting. The Germans send three very attractive agents to charm information out of them. The guys are practically lining up for it...but it's Hogan they fall for. 

Finished the night online with A Goofy Movie. I go further into this 1995 continuation of Goof Troop at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

No comments: