Saturday, June 05, 2021

Sunny Day Blues

Kicked off a bright, sunny morning with a quick breakfast and Muppet Babies on Disney Plus. "Summer the Great" wants to learn to do awesome stunts like Gonzo. He quickly shows her that the best way to do stunts is your own way. He takes the others to "Planet Gonzo" to find more beings like him, but quickly gets bored with doing the same things over and over. He finally realizes he likes his friends because of their differences.

Worked on writing for a bit after breakfast. Brett finally ducks into the peppery Victorian home of the Duchess Marcia (Wallace) and her pepper-obsessed cook (Mary Wickes). She opens the window to clear out the pepper, but can't get the cook to lay off it, or the Duchess to make her stop or quit shaking her odd little baby. 

Put on Match Game-Hollywood Squares briefly while I got dressed and ready for work. This week's episodes from 1984 apparently featured actors from NBC soaps of the time...which means I recognized absolutely no one but Gene Rayburn and Jon Bauman. At least some of them managed to have a few amusing answers as I dashed out the door.

I left a little early to check out Oaklyn's Town-Wide Yard Sale. You'd never know it poured yesterday. All that remained of the floods were a few deeper-than-usual puddles. The streets were now clogged with people searching for cheap treasures. I hope they did better than me. Disappointingly, I found absolutely nothing of interest besides bins of videos I hardly need. No CDs, DVDs, records, or even interesting books. Headed off to work a tiny bit early instead.

Work was a pain in the rear. We were off-and-on steady...and when we had customers, there weren't nearly enough people to deal with them. Several of the afternoon cashiers called out, and at least one more got sent home. I was frustrated and tired, of dealing with so many people and of people not understanding why I have problems with my job. I barely got through a long line in order to get out on time. At least my last customers were two very funny guys who were fast and quite helpful.

Hurried home as soon as I could get out. Had a quick leftovers dinner while watching Celebrity Name Game. Alas, this favorite from the mid-2010's is the only show from Buzzr's "Birthday Bash" marathon I had the chance to watch. In this variation on Body Language, celebrities and teams of two contestants each act out the name of a person, a place, or a thing. They get $100 for each correct guess on the first round, and $200 on the second. The bonus round has both contestants acting out ten consecutive names for the celebrities. If they both can get them, they'll win $20,000. Host Wayne Brady and announcer Johnathan Mangum of the current Let's Make a Deal help the two women make their way to the big prize. 

Jodie came in while the show was on. She's going away for five days, starting Monday, while the painters are here. I forgot to ask her exactly when she plans on repairing the driveway or putting the house on the market. And no, I can't do the laundry there while she's gone, either. She doesn't want anyone in the house while the painters are working. 

Finished out the night online after a shower with Care Bears Adventures In Wonderland. I go further into the third and final theatrical Care Bears film on my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

No comments: