Monday, August 02, 2021

Getting Things Done

Began a beautiful morning with banana-peanut butter pancakes for breakfast and Hogan's Heroes. There's "Hot Money" coming out of Stalag 13 when the Nazis start a counterfeit printing operation there. The boys try to convince the lead printer he's in danger to get rid of him. "A Russian Is Coming" when the local underground bring the boys a downed pilot. The man fights anyone who doesn't speak his language and is determined to return to his homeland, even Hogan and the guys. Hogan has to do whatever he can to keep the man from running off to Moscow and the Germans from finding him.

Rose and Craig cleaned up recycling from the party as I headed for the garage. I hadn't seen or heard from Jodie since she gave me the leftovers Saturday night. Turns out she went down to the Shore with a couple of her friends who were at the party to spread Dad's ashes on the beach. They have no idea when she'll be home (and she probably doesn't, either), but they did say it would be at least a few days. 

Work was a pain in the rear. It's the beginning of the month, and we were busy with grouchy, grumpy, or just plain demanding people who picked up their government money today. I panicked several times over rain checks I got wrong or people who were rude or wouldn't bag. I'm tired, and I'm not comfortable with the cashiering. Thank heavens it slowed down enough by 4:30 for me to leave with no relief.

When I got home, I changed, then took the laundry to Jodie's side of the house. Thought I'd save time and money tomorrow and get it done today, especially since I have no idea when Jodie's getting home. I had no idea she left - she never gave me any instructions that said not to go into her side of the house.

Worked on writing for a while after I tossed my small load (including my fuzzy robe) into the washer. Sir Richard Dawson agrees to guard the tarts from miscreants like the Knave (Ira Skutch), who is very interested in having them all for himself! Meanwhile, Brett swears she sees a familiar bit of grimy red armor on the edges of the garden...

Broke for dinner at quarter of 7. Had leftovers while watching Match Game '76. The episode kicked off with a very funny Audience Match involving "Cry __," and Richard's impossible Head-to-Head match on "Pie __." Later on, we're introduced to go-getting Lyle, a go-getting fellow from Las Vegas with a flashy toupee and a very aggressive desire to win.

Started making Peach-Blackberry Cobbler with peaches that were going bad in the fridge as Match Game PM came on. This episode began with a gentleman showing off how he could turn his feet around backwards. I have to agree with Gene - that looked scary and painful. Later. Brett has to match the other contestant with "Smoked __."

For the second day in a row, the champ dominated Sale of the Century full-stop. The one woman did buy the first Instant Bargain, but after that, it was all about the champ. He absolutely obliterated the others at the Speed Round, getting one of the highest scores I've ever seen there. He then went on to win the car at the Match the Prizes board...and he really deserved every bit of it.

Finished the night online after a shower and putting away the laundry with an episode of The A-Team. "Hot Styles" has Face in love with a model (Markie Post) who is definitely not what she seems. She's kidnapped by a gangster who's running an operation to put out cheap imitations of popular fashions. Face and Hannibal try to figure out what she's really up to, while Murdock revels in being able to drive the group's van while BA is away. 

No comments: