Saturday, April 09, 2022

Dreams In the Spring

Started off a beautiful, sunny, breezy morning with a quick breakfast before settling down to do some work and writing on the laptop. Brett finds herself and Richard rowing two boats on a moat outside the White Castle. She tries to get Arlene to tell her what'll happen to her and what happened to the White King Gene and Queen Helen, but she's maddeningly obtuse about it.  

I stopped at quarter after 12 to throw on clothes, grab a snack, and make my way out on time, for once. Just got to work on time, too, dodging traffic on the Black Horse Pike.

Work didn't start off badly, but by 3 PM, we had long lines and once again, not enough people to deal with them. It's the week before Easter, and people are starting to stock up candy, non-perishable dinner supplies, and their hams and roasts. I did cause trouble in my last order when the customer kept pushing the wrong buttons on the card machine, and then I did and took off his whole order instead of only part of it. Thank goodness he eventually let it pass, and the girl who came in for me arrived right before that happened. 

Something else that never happened was rain. We were supposed to have a storm later in the day, but the worst we had were heavy dark clouds. Even those started to break apart as I hurried home across Oaklyn. Saw one of the neighbors earlier, and she asked me if I wanted to come over for dinner. I initially said yes, then changed my mind and texted her that I was too tired. All I wanted was to go home.

Changed, then put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while having leftovers for dinner. "Mickey's Springtime Surprise" is an egg hunt for Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto. Mickey and Minnie leave clues for the others to follow that lead to the location of decorated eggs...or they would, if Funny Bunny Pete didn't keep getting ahead and switching them around! The gang have to use various tools to figure out where he hid them, then get ahead of his antics. 

Finished the night on YouTube after a shower with Little Nemo: Adventures In Slumberland. I go futher into this dreamy late 80's fantasy from Japan at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

No comments: