Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Safe at Home

Awoke to breakfast and a day that was sunny, but bitter cold and gale-force windy. It made riding to work more than a little difficult. At least the traffic wasn't bad anywhere, not even the Black Horse Pike. 

Work was only slightly busier than yesterday, despite it being Senior Discount Day. First of all, the weather deteriorated throughout the afternoon as thick dark clouds rumbled in. Second, I think a lot of people are either on vacation or did their shopping over the weekend before the holiday. Third, speaking of, we're now between holidays again. The next major holiday isn't for another three weeks. I had a long line once, and though it picked up later in the day, it never became overwhelming. We had more help this time, too. I was able to shut down with no trouble.

Made a quick stop on my way home to drop birthday cards for Rose and Khai in their mailbox. Khai's 12th birthday is today. I only hope Rose takes them. Rose's birthday was the 7th, but I didn't deliver it then because I had no idea what to say to her. I still don't. I love her, and she's my sister, but I don't love her current behavior. Shutting us out won't make me move to Cape May County or Mom take me in. It won't improve anything or get me help outside of the family. It'll just cut Rose off from people who could help her with her own problems.

Went straight home, just as rain started falling. Took my laundry downstairs first, then checked out a package for me. My big birthday present to myself arrived today. I ordered a small dark blue recliner from Amazon. It's built low to the ground and I think is actually intended for gamers, but that works with the small space I have. Took me a few minutes, but I did figure out how to pull it back, unlock it, and get it all the way down. It'll be great for Lauren's visit and when I'm worn out from an 8 1/2 hour shift and need to crash in front of the TV. 

Set it up, changed, and had a snack while watching They Learned About Women. I go further into this baseball musical from the early 30's at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Worked on writing for a while after the movie ended. Richard leads the group through the dark, creaky hallway and up to the main castle. Turns out that yes, the Red King has taken it over. They'll have to be careful if they want to rescue the White King and Queen...

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Watched Match Game '77 while I ate. Gene gives the audience a scolding when they try to dissuade a contestant from answering "thunder and" to "__ Lightning" and it turned out to be the top answer. Richard has an easier time with "Route ___" in the Head-to-Head. Later, we're introduced to a junkyard owner with a very interesting sense of humor.

Cuddled in my new chair with my stuffed Mickey and Minnie while watching Match Game PM. This was the nighttime episode for the week with Minnie Pearl and Dick Smothers. Minnie wasn't the only southerner on the show that night, either. Fannie Flagg got to admire a handsome cowboy who showed up in full western regalia, up to and including a ten-gallon hat.

Finished the night online after a shower with The Love Boat. Isaac gets more "Crew Confessions" than he ever wanted when he writes a book and uses them as characters...and they're not happy at how he depicts them. A lovely passenger (Julie Neumayr) wonders "Haven't I Seen You?" when she mistakes a shoe salesman (Don Knotts) for a movie star. A French husband (Jean Pierre Aumont) and wife (Jane Wyatt) pair have a touching "Reunion" shipboard after being separated by World War II...but she soon realizes that he's not what he claims to be.

No comments: