Saturday, August 20, 2022

Gratification

Got a quick start today with breakfast and running out. At least the weather remains nice for a ride. It's hotter and more humid, but still nothing like the heat we were hit with a few weeks ago. It's really nothing out of line for late August. Maybe that's why I saw a lot of people out and about today, taking their children or dogs for walks or going out for jogs.

Work was a pain in the rear. They started out by sending me out to do carts...but kept pulling me to take customers, sometimes for as long as an hour. Granted, we did have at least two other people bagging in the morning, and I was only alone for less than an hour before another teenager arrived. Trouble is, after he came in, they sent me in for someone to go home, and I got stuck dealing with customers for the last hour. It drives me crazy. Every time I do something wrong, I panic. I never know what to say to people. I can't seem to get the right words to come out of my mouth.

My schedule for next week is pretty bare-bones. I have regular counseling on Tuesday and then two more days with Abilities Solutions, this time at the Walgreens in Mount Ephraim. One early day next Saturday and late day tomorrow, otherwise it's nothing overwhelming.

Had an online coupon for shampoo, conditioner, and cookies. Grabbed those quickly, along with something new I found on a separate display in the soda aisle. Coke just released another limited edition "Creations" flavor. "Dreamworld" has a definite fruit flavor to it, kind of like powdered fruit punch. I tried the Zero Sugar version. Not bad, but I'm not really a fan of fruit soda. I liked the Starlight one better. 

Hurried home as fast as I could. When I got in, I put on the next round of All-Star Family Feud episodes while getting organized and having dinner. "Hollywood Walk of Fame" brought in ten actors and actresses who have stars on the famous attraction. Betty White lead a galaxy of gorgeous older women who included Dorothy Lamour (of the hilarious Road to movies), and two who appeared in musicals I've reviewed in the past year, Arlene Dahl and Gloria DeHaven. The gentlemen included Mark Goodson, the boss himself, Cesar Romero, Keenan Wynn (who appeared in every other MGM movie during the 40's and 50's and did the voice of the Winter Warlock in Santa Claus Is Coming to Town), and poet and singer-songwriter Rod McKuen, author and performer of the lovely Oscar-nominated title songs for A Boy Named Charlie Brown and The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

Betty White knows game shows like the back of her hand. She easily led the ladies to victory in the first episode. However, the boss is the boss. Mark had a harder time, but he finally got the guys there in the second. 

Finished the night online with Tom Sawyer. I go further into this charming 1973 live-action retelling of the beloved Mark Twain novel at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

No comments: