Thursday, August 25, 2022

Waltzes and Care Bears

Got another quick start today. Had breakfast, then called Uber. I had my second day at Walgreens. This time, I could do the one in Mt. Ephraim. Apparently, they did inventory yesterday and couldn't have people around. The driver arrived within 5 minutes and got me there in less than ten. 

Arrived early...which proved to be a moot point anyway. The counselor came late. Once again, I pulled expired items, this time in the candy section. He said I did very well, but I don't think I moved nearly as fast as I did yesterday. I only got to the candy, not to anything else they wanted done, and I didn't even finish that. Not to mention, the counselor spent most of his time dealing with crises at work and at home on his phone. At the very least, we got off early again, at around 2. 

Tried to get an Uber, but the first guy I went with had an unexpected Philadelphia trip and ended up canceling. Thankfully, the second one got there in about 8 minutes. The traffic eased up enough for me to be home in ten.

Spent the next few hours resting and watching the 1934 version of The Merry Widow. I go further into this sparkling adaptation of the famous operetta with Jeanette MacDonald and Maurice Chevalier at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Worked on writing for a while after the movie ended. Brett stops Charles and Orson from singing the queens to sleep long enough to find out how the Vorpal Sword can restore Richard. The ladies say it'll take an act of bravery...and that's all the manage before they start to pass out...

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Came in half-way through Let's Make a Deal. Everyone did really well today and managed to avoid Zonks, including a woman dressed as Wonder Woman who got a beautiful brass bed. She traded it up for the Big Deal of the Day...and not only got a lovely TV and recliner, but a trip to Paris and spending money.

Had dessert during Match Game '75. Carol Bartos continues her winning ways during a game show crossover with Bob Barker of The Price Is Right and Arlene Francis of What's My Line? Bob and Charles try to dodge boos from the audience during a question about why Dumb Donald wouldn't see Jaws, while the others attempt to figure out "Pie __" in the Audience Match. 

Finished the night at HBO Max with Care Bears: Unlock the Magic. This is the most recent iteration of the Care Bears, currently running on Cartoon Network's preschool block. Funshine Bear discovers a whole other universe, the Silver Lining. Grumpy, Cheer, Share, and Good Luck go in after them in Grumpy's flying RV. They discover tiny little creatures, the Whiffles, and help cute little Dibble return to them. They plant the Seeds of Caring that spread feelings in Care-a-Lot...but the Bad Crowd is determined to keep those feelings from going further. 

No comments: