Saturday, April 06, 2024

Winds and Matches

Began the morning with breakfast and Green Eggs and Ham. E.B does manage to make it back to the house in "You Only Mom Twice," but she's caught anyway when guards find the Fun Pass Guy gave her. Guy's happier that the Dookess hired Michellee to paint for her. Sam and Pam have their own problems trouble on an island in the Keela-Key Trapezoid. A laid-back islander named Bo reveals that the further into the jungle you go, the younger you become. Pam finally learns what it's like to be a mother - and why that's important - when she has to rescue a young Sam and the Moo-Lacka-Moo from the jungle's animal residents.

Headed off to work after that. Work was, once again, a pain in the rear. I got fussed at by an old woman for not taking a corner careful enough around her. Putting away an entire cart of cold items put me behind doing the carts. Managers complained about my mixing up the numbers when I sign in the sweeps, too. We have to sign in sweeping the store every hour on the hour, but I get the number of where I swept mixed in my head. We were busy for most of the morning, though it did slow down somewhat in the afternoon. 

At least the weather remains decent. It was pretty much the same as yesterday, windy and chilly, with in-and-out clouds. And once again, the clouds vanished by the time I finished.

Had a lot of grocery shopping to do, since I'm not going to make it to Sprouts or Target this week. Needed a gift card for Rose's birthday tomorrow. Restocked yogurt, Tangelos, apples, granola bars, and popcorn. The Acme's lightly salted and roasted almonds were even cheaper than Target's. Figured I deserved a slice of cake with a 2-dollar off online coupon just for surviving this week.

Went straight home after that and into Trolls Band Together. I go further into this candy-colored boy band spoof at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Listened to the soundtrack of For Me and My Gal while I worked on the review. Judy Garland and Gene Kelly (the latter in his first movie) are the headliners in this celebration of vaudeville and World War I from 1940. Though you can't see their adorable dance, their version of the title song remains charming and lovely. Garland also gets a few good numbers during the World War I medley, including "After You've Gone" and "Pack Up Your Troubles." 

Match Game Productions was originally going to do a marathon for Bill Daily tonight, but he had trouble running it and switched to Jo Ann Pflug instead. I like both, so either one would be fine by me. Jo Ann was one of the most popular and smartest women to sit in the fourth "ingenue" seat. Though bubbly and occasionally goofy, she was also sassy enough to keep Gene Rayburn and Richard Dawson at bay. She appeared frequently from 1973 through 1975. She turned up less often thereafter as she focused on her children, with her last appearance being during the syndicated run in 1980. 

Jo Ann was delighted in one early episode to show off her newly-acquired tap dancing skills. Richard happily joked about her Marines t-shirt, and he and Gene tried to take her "Kiss Me" tee literally! Jo Ann may have been the closest any of the women got to Richard Dawson in matching the contestants. She very rarely missed, including a big $10,000 win on a 1977 PM episode.

Tap your way into spring with this nurse from the MASH film turned TV favorite!

No comments: