Friday, December 11, 2009

"Jack Frost Nipping At Your Nose..."

Brr, was it cold today! I don't think it made it out of the lower 30s. It was really windy, too. Good thing it was also sunny all day.

The Acme called me in early. I eventually arrived at 11:30. My only plans were working on the Christmas cards. Turns out I was right and I didn't have enough of them anyway. I'll send the cards and packages on Monday. (Not to mention, it makes more sense to work 11:30 to 5:30 than 12 to 5:30 anyway.)

I can understand why they did it. I don't know if it was because today is the first day of Hanukkah or we're just having really good sales, but we were mobbed all day long. Customers were crabby, too. We also got a bunch of those guys who buy tons and tons of the sale items to sell to chop shops in Camden, too. Thank goodness we were able to fob them off by pointing out that they can only buy so many of most of the 4-day sales.

Ran over to Chick Fil' A after work. They were busy, too. Chick Fil' A is popular with families, thanks to frequent sales and being the only one of the four fast-food chains in the Audubon Crossings Shopping Center with a playground. There was what looked like a cheerleading squad having a fund-raiser when I was there. The line wasn't too bad, though, so I was able to buy my Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich and carrot-raisin salad and eat quickly.

Stopped at the Acme for grocery shopping after that. I needed a lot this week; I'm finally running out of the last of the farm market vegetables, and I needed grapefruit, granola bars, yogurt, and butter, too. Also needed Christmas cards and more ornament hooks; I have so many ornaments now, the hooks I bought when I first moved out aren't enough.

Oh, and I received a lovely gift in the mail from my friend Jen in Washington State. She sent me a muffin cookbook that she apparently bought in St. Louis this summer. I didn't really have the time to take a good look at it tonight, but I may try something from it tomorrow.

No comments: