Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Balance

Started a sunny, very cold day with my last yoga class of the year. Karin honored one of the few holidays that most people celebrate by working on squats and inversions. I'm getting better at squats, but it's still hard to pick up my heavy body. I'm actually glad I got in late. The class was so full, I took the spot by the door, next to the CD player...which means I was the only person in the 20-some-person class who had plenty of room to do squats and inversions!

Went straight to the Collingswood Library after class ended. There was far less going on over there. I shelved a few DVD titles, but there were no books to put away upstairs. I looked up some books on musicals, then just headed out around noon.

When I got in, I pulled out some of the leftovers in my refrigerator, including the ground chicken and several vegetables that were going soft, tossed them into a can of low-sodium, low-fat chicken broth, and made Ground Chicken Vegetable Soup. Ran Sean the Sheep while enjoying a nice, warm, filling lunch. My favorite in the first batch that I hadn't seen was the one where Bitzer and his master borrow a line-drawing machine from a man making lines in the road to make a line for their soccer game. Things really get out of hand when first Sean, then Timmy get their hooves on it...and make lines everywhere!

Work was pretty much the same as yesterday - busy during rush hour, quiet for the rest of the night. It was so quiet, I scrubbed shelves on aisle 1 for an hour when I came in and spent the hour before I left putting away candy and helping two managers try to figure out why a sale wasn't working right.

No comments: