Monday, April 06, 2015

In the Spring Sunshine

I started off a beautiful, sunny spring day with breakfast and taking the Easter decorations down. A few things stay out for the duration of spring, but most of them went back into the spring/summer decorations container.

Ran three baseball-themed Peanuts specials as I worked in honor of the start of baseball season. Lucy Must Be Traded, Charlie Brown, since she's by far the worst player on Chuck's notoriously loss-prone team. Chuck discovers there's even worse out there when Peppermint Patty trades her for Marcie. Marcie's terrible - as sweet as she is, she doesn't even like baseball and only plays because her best friend does. Charlie Brown's All Stars haven't won a game yet. Chuck's hoping that uniforms and playing in a real league will help their morale, but the sponsor isn't happy about the team having a dog and several girls. It's Spring Training, Charlie Brown has more-or-less the same plot, but this time, the sponsor withholds the uniforms because they still haven't won a game. Frieda's little brother Leland may help change their fortunes.

I headed out to run errands and do this week's volunteering after the cartoons ended. I don't know if I'm going to have jury duty on Thursday or not, so I figured I'd get both libraries done today, just in case. Started at the Oaklyn Library. The only person there when I arrived was the librarian. A few folks went in and out while I shelved books and DVD's and continued to pull stickers off the DVD covers.

It was too nice of a day to eat indoors. I stopped at WaWa for a turkey hoagie and Pineapple Coconut Sparkling Ice and had lunch in Newton River Park. So did half of Haddon Township! I'd never seen the park so busy. There were people biking, strolling, playing in the playground and sunning on benches. Four boys fished across from the picnic table where I settled down. It was a glorious day for it. The bright sunshine sparkled on the rippling green river. The first buds are starting to appear on the trees. It was warm and breezy, at least in the lower 70's.

Needless to say, the Haddon Township Library wasn't busy, either. There wasn't much to do there. For the first time in months, I actually got most of the kids' DVD's on the shelves. A lot of families must have taken cartoons out to amuse the kids during spring break week. I had a harder time with the adult shelves. The entire back shelves, from M to Z, are overloaded. There was a fair pile that didn't fit. I had more luck shelving audio books.

I made one quick stop at Dollar Tree on the way home for a birthday card for Rose (it's tomorrow) before heading straight home. As soon as I got in, I loaded a full laundry bag and went right back out. I had towels to do in addition to the usual clothes. The laundromat was surprisingly busy for the day after a holiday. I guess a lot of people had today off. I read some of my old Remember WENN fanfiction and listened to Family Feud and the chatter around me.

Instead of putting everything away when I got home, I separated the clothes into two piles. I think today's weather was a good indication that Mother Nature's really ready for it to be spring. I doubt I'll need turtlenecks and my corduroys for a while. I loaded heavier clothes like sweaters and heavy pants into the blue-gray seasonal clothes container. Switched purses, too. After I finished that, I changed the flannel sheets on my bed for a lighter cotton.

Ran another Remember WENN episode while eating dinner. We've only just recovered from Scott's and Jeff's departures and Scott's reemergence in the early third season when "Mr. and Mrs. Singer" drops another bombshell. Hilary Booth keeps missing Jeff's calls from London. She comes to regret that when she gets a visit from Pavla Nemcova, a Czechoslovakian refugee who claims she's Jeff's legal wife and has the papers to prove it. Hilary's devastated, but the others find a way to show the gold-digging Hollywood hopeful in her true colors.

I spent the rest of the evening in a much-needed bath. Ahhh. Both of my arms have been feeling sore, and so are my heels. (I keep kicking the hard metal computer chair I got from Dad with the back of my foot.) I haven't had a bath in forever. I read fairy tales and just let my mind wander. It felt so nice to kick back and relax.

No comments: