Sunday, January 17, 2016

Let It Snow (A Little Bit)

It was just a bit cloudy when I awoke this morning. I had enough time to indulge in Cocoa Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes for breakfast before heading off to work. Enjoyed one of my Billy Joel records while I ate. My fondness for Joel dates back to childhood. Both of my parents were huge fans of his. Mom claims she saw him perform during his real-life "Piano Man" days. Dad-Bill was a fellow Long Island native. I believe we did have The Bridge in the 80's, part of Mom's massive record collection. "A Matter of Trust" and the bittersweet ballad "This Is the Time" were the hits. I'm also fond of Joel's duet with Ray Charles, "Baby Grand," and the dynamic "Big Man On Mulberry Street."

Moved on to more 80's Joel as I got ready to head out. Our favorite Joel album during my kid years - and still my favorite album of his - was An Innocent Man. It has my favorite song of his on it, "Uptown Girl," along with "Keeping the Faith," "Tell Her About It," "Leave the Tender Moment Alone," and "Easy Money."

Work was mostly steady all afternoon. There were a few grouchy people, but nothing like yesterday. Actually, the managers were the problem this time. They were really unorganized. Everyone's break was late, and they had no relief for me and wouldn't find someone to step in for me when I had a line. I just barely got out on time.

I'd heard talk about snow from customers during the latter half of my shift, but I didn't really believe it. It was just cloudy this morning, and not that cold. Much to my surprise, it actually was snowing as I headed out. It wasn't snowing heavily, though, really more like a shower, and it was almost done by the time I got home. Though it did stick to the grass, the streets were just wet. In fact, it looked very pretty and romantic, like an old-fashioned painting.

Spent the next few hours when I got in trying to concentrate on writing. Scott realizes that Barnaby was the one who framed him. He wanted him out of the way, so he could get Betty and the factory. Barnaby makes him lose his sword, and he's about to run him through when the kids and Mr. Eldridge arrive...

Threw together vegetables, canned chicken, and leftover soup for dinner while listening to more classic rock. Did the Cat Stevens Greatest Hits LP I picked up a while back. "Wild World" is probably my favorite of his, though I'm also fond of "Morning Has Broken."

No comments: