Monday, February 12, 2007

Let It Snow?

I've been wary of the weather reports ever since we got a sudden snow storm last week. It only dumped a few short-lived inches, but it was just sudden. I woke up to the sound of a snow shovel at 6AM, not quite sure why...until I looked out my window near the bed and saw nothing but white.

I don't know what to think of the supposed upcoming storm. As with the dustings we had last week, it doesn't seem like they really know what's going on. At last check, it was snow tonight and tomorrow, turning into ice and freezing rain by tomorrow evening, then into rain, but who knows how long that will last?

I'm just glad I was off today. The Acme must have been insane. I don't know why people feel the need to suddenly stock up on milk, eggs, and bread whenever there's even the inkling of snow in the forecast. Ok, I can sort of understand bread; that'll keep if the electricity goes off. Eggs and especially milk, however, would be among the first things to go bad!

Here's what the National Weather Service says for Oaklyn (if they don't know, no one does; my stepfather, a commercial fisherman, gets his weather from them):

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?CityName=Oaklyn&state=NJ&site=PHI


I wouldn't mind a little snow, as long as it doesn't turn into 12 feet, like some places in upstate New York got:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070212/ap_on_re_us/cold_weather

No comments: