Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Snowy Valentine

I feel sorry for all the people who made reservations for dinner this Valentine's Day. A massive ice storm last night and more snow tonight have made roads around here into a mess. I would have skipped work today if I didn't live less than ten minutes from it and if I didn't rather badly need the money. All of you lovebirds out there who got stuck in these massive storms are better off with home-made, candlelight dinners and cudding in front of a romantic movie like "Breakfast at Tiffany's," or, in a more comic vein, "Down With Love" (which is what I watched tonight). If you still want to go out, do a make-up date next week if possible, when the weather calms down.

My Valentine's Day was quiet, mostly due to the weather. I did go to work, and it was surprisingly steady - my mother suggested it was probably people picking stuff up between storms, since I worked in the afternoon and early evening. Mom, my stepdad, and my brother still live at the southern tip of New Jersey, near Cape May, and got no snow at all, just wind and rain.

No comments: