Sunday, February 18, 2007

Year Of The Pig

Happy Chinese New Year! To celebrate, I made my first home-made beef stir-fry. The Acme had packets of stir-fry seasonings, Chinese noodles, and cubed steak on sale, so I figured this was the perfect time to try it.

I guess I sort of cheated. I bought frozen "Oriental" vegetables and the stir-fry seasonings, but I'd never had any Chinese that didn't come from a restaraunt before.

I'm really happy with how it came out. I probably added a little too much sugar to the stir-fry, but it was really tasty, not too spicy (which is what I was afraid it would be). Good and hot and simple on a still reletively cold day after a very busy day at work. (Sundays are busy even outside of football season!)

Other than work, it was a quiet day. I re-arranged my records this morning. They used to be organized by genre and decade. I kept country rock and disco together, but all other rock albums are now organized alphabetically. Also organized together in the crates on the other side are vocalists, jazz, soundtracks (now all soundtracks, regardless of what type of music is featured), Broadway cast and studio albums, and miscellaneous oddities.

No comments: