Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Music, Music, Music!

Did my library volunteering this morning. They're getting better at organizing the children's DVDs. Once again, the DVDs were (generally) with the right letter groups, but the DVDs were out of order in the groups. (For instance, some of the Sesame Street DVDs were before Strawberry Shortcake, and Bob the Builder was all over the Bs.) I also rounded up the children's books that were left sitting on the shelves and either put them on display or on the racks for the librarians to put away later. After I left the library, I stopped at Super Fresh quickly for carrots and spinach, then headed home.

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on editing the many short stories Lauren and I have written for the role play in the past few months and filling my new MP3 player for my vacation in two and a half weeks. I know it's early to be thinking of music, but I wanted to fiddle with my MP3 player and see how it works before I go on my trip, instead of putting it off until a couple of days beforehand. I added some more Monkees (we ARE going to see Micky Dolenz at the end of the week), some jazz vocalists, and songs taken from various rock compilations.

I went for a short walk before dinner. It was hotter but windy, not humid, and really gorgeous. I'm so glad the weather's been great this month. August is usually one of the worst months of the year weather-wise, steamy hot and humid, but this August has mostly been one of the loveliest months weather-wise I've ever enjoyed in my life. I made a quick stop at the river at the end of Goff Avenue, then went back around that neighborhood and down Kendall Avenue. I wasn't the only one out and about. Mothers walked their children in strollers. Old people shot the breeze on their porches or stoops. Two teenage girls were chatting away happily on their bikes. I saw a woman walk her huge German Shepard on my way back to my apartment.

No comments: