Monday, November 22, 2010

No Time Blues

Started today off with a run to the laundromat. I wanted to get it done early and avoid the crowds. It had been foggy this morning and was still a bit misty when I started my laundry. By the time I finished, the sun was out and it was in the mid-60s, with a clear, blue sky and mild wind.

That "mild wind" was more of a problem when I got home. I put my laundry away and decided to tackle the piles of leaves on the porch. I did what I could, but the wind was blowing in the direction I was sweeping. They kept coming right back on the porch! I did what I could. It doesn't look great, but there are no huge piles of leaves there anymore.

Decided to take advantage of the nice weather next and went for a walk. I hiked down to the boat launch on the end of Goff Avenue, then back around to West Clinton and up to Woodlawn Terrace. I wasn't the only one making use of the lovely day, either. I saw many people out raking lawns or blowing leaves, preparing for guests later in the week.

When I got home, I decided to try a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Bars. I was almost done with them when my sister Rose called. She said we would be going to Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving dinner around noon on Thursday...and coming home around 11 or midnight. She wants to visit friends and show them her 8-month-old son Khai. It'll just be a longer day than I anticipated.

Thursday isn't going to be the only day this week that'll be longer than planned. I had a call from the Acme not long after I got off with Rose. Could I come in from 10:30 to 4:30 tomorrow? They were desperate! I wanted to say "no." I'd had a lot of things planned for tomorrow, including library volunteering, yoga, and baking. I didn't think that was a good enough excuse, though, so I agreed.

Sigh. I know I should be more grateful, but I already had a lot on my plate this week. I wanted to start Christmas decorating by Sunday, at least! I'll just scotch yoga and the Collingswood Library all together (yoga will probably be full all this week anyway) and wait to do the Haddon Township Library until after I go to the Collingswood Christmas Parade on Saturday. (I'm not doing both in the same day and the parade and cleaning, too. I did that last year and was dead tired by the end of the day.)

I had lunch while the bars were baking, then worked on editing that Bowery Boys NaNoWrite story Lauren and I are doing it. Tonight will be the final part - look for the story by the end of this week!

Headed to work right after I finished the editing. Work was pretty much the same as yesterday...which is to say it was very busy until the last hour, thankfully with no turkey complaints this time. I was in and out with no problems.

No comments: