Thursday, November 04, 2010

Still Working

Yup, I got called in again. This time, I worked 12:30-8:30. I wouldn't mind it so much if I was more used to working long hours...and if I'd had time to prepare for working eight hours. Apparently, one of the older women who works in the morning has bronchitis and keeps calling out. With two of the other regular morning workers retiring, they don't have enough people who work mornings and early afternoons to replace her anymore.

I wouldn't have been able to go to yoga even if I wasn't called in. I awoke to a pewter-gray sky that was pouring cats, dogs, pigs, and chickens. It slowed down enough by 12:30 that I was able to get to work and barely be wet, but it was too much to get to Collingswood this morning.

Work was on-and-off steady for most of the night. We had a few annoying customers, including some of the usual beginning-of-the-month people who need attitude adjustments...and fast. Other than that, there were no major problems, and I was in and out.

No problems getting home, either. By the time I finished, it neither raining nor windy nor (despite my customers' complaints) all that chilly. I actually had a rather pleasant ride home.

I did get something done this morning, though. I updated my inventories and finished editing the Bowery Boys story Snow Chuck and the Seven Bowery Boys. Look for it at the Bowery Boys' Basement Clubhouse later tonight!

No comments: