Monday, October 03, 2011

It's Finally Fall

It finally felt like fall today, in fact more than it probably should have. It didn't even get into the 60s. I wore a sweater and long pants for the first time since May. It was cloudy and windy all day, but it has yet to rain or do anything worse than look gloomy.

Did the laundry around 10:30. It wasn't bad at all. All of the washers were open, and a lot of people were half-done with the driers. Even with a much larger load than I've had recently, I was in and out in no time.

There was a reason I wanted to get to the laundry early. I wanted the time to pull out and sort through my winter clothes and shoes. I was able to get everything in the right drawer and switch my summer and winter purses in just over twenty minutes. I don't have that many clothes. I do need some new things for winter, though. I've gotten rid of most of my sweaters over the years, some of which date back to high school, when my mom first became a fan of the Lands End and LL Bean catalogs. I need a winter dress (like the teal sundress I picked up from Lane Bryant a few weeks ago), and almost every winter shoe but snow boots, slippers, and fleece-lined clogs. Most of my winter pajamas are starting to get pretty worn, too.

I had leftovers for lunch, then headed to work. Work was busy for most of the night, right up until I left. It's the beginning of the month, so we had lots of big orders, though the cooler weather seemed to have put people in decent moods. (Anything's better than the warm, humid, rainy weather we've had for the past few weeks.) There was a call-out, so we were short on help for a lot of the night, too.

I needed milk after work. I also checked on gel pads for my poor, hurting feet, but they cost more than I had on me.

No comments: