Monday, August 20, 2012

Perfect Summer Weather

It was cloudy and cool when I awoke this morning. I got up late and didn't get to the laundromat before 11:30. While there were only a few people there when I arrived, they had taken up all but three washers! I'm just glad I got one before even more people appeared. It wasn't a really big load, anyway. Good thing there's a lot more driers than there are washers. I listened to Family Feud, read A Song In the Dark, and hurried off.

I put everything away, then had an omelet with tomatoes, cheese, and mushrooms and cucumber salad for lunch while watching Three Stooges shorts. When I got bored and saw that the sun had come out, I went for a walk. It sure was a gorgeous day for it. By this point, the clouds had vanished, and it was as gorgeous as it had been on Saturday. I strolled down to CVS; I was hoping they'd started their back-to-school sales (the Acme has), but no luck. They still have their summer items out. I left without buying anything. Stopped at Leo's Yum-Yums on the way back and bought a Cotton Candy Yum Yum (creamier water ice).

Work was, once again, busy when I arrived mid-way through rush hour, dead when I left. The worst that happened was we had to tell a couple of those people who purchase sale items cheap for chop shops in Camden that they could only buy ten of the Honey Bunches of Oats cereal on sale. Not ten of each flavor, just ten. I ended up having to put the carts with the remaining boxes away later. I wish they'd learn to have a heart and remember that other people need the sale items, too. If they're so desperate that they can't afford to buy in bulk from regular warehouses, they shouldn't be in business.

No comments: