Monday, July 08, 2013

Getting Laundry Done

I had just enough time before work this morning to get the laundry done. After the incident a few weeks ago where I fell off my bike during a laundry run, I wasn't going to ride to the laundromat again. It was once again hot, sunny, and sticky, though thankfully not quite as hot as yesterday. There were a few people there when I arrived, watching Let's Make a Deal. I didn't really have a very big load. By the time The Price Is Right was beginning, my clothes were out of the drier, and the last remaining customer was blabbing into her cell phone.

I quickly put my laundry away, changed into my newly-washed uniform, ate lunch, and hurried off to work! I was originally supposed to work at 2 today, but I was asked to come in at noon yesterday. I said "why not?" I really need the hours, and doing the laundry was my only plan for today. Work was on-and-off steady all afternoon, and really kind of boring. It didn't help that I was very tired, having spent a lot of last night tossing and turning. I was very glad that it was quiet enough by 7PM for me to shut down without a line.

No comments: