Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Traveling Music

I spent most of the morning quietly adding music to my iPod. You can tell how long it's been since I went anywhere beyond Camden County. Most of what was on there were Christmas albums. I added at least five CDs (mostly musicals) this morning, and will be doing more tonight.

Work was slightly busier than yesterday, otherwise, it was pretty much the same - boring. The slow stretches were alleviated somewhat by the Acme being in the midst of major cleaning again. I was moved twice as the managers and baggers cleaned under and around registers. Thankfully, the teenage boy who was my relief was on time. I was able to get out with no problems.

When I got home, I ran another Lois & Clark episode while eating flounder in lemon-wine sauce with mushrooms, onions, and green beans for dinner. Earlier in the first season, Clark found a glowing ball in the ship that brought him to Earth. In "Foundling," he ball projects a hologram of his father, explaining about his past. Clark's thrilled when the ball says it'll reveal more later...but then the ball is stolen by a thief. A nervous Clark tracks the ball and the boy who stole it, while Lois tries to figure out why Clark lied to her about what was taken from his apartment....and Lex Luthor tries to determine who Superman really is, thanks to the ball he purchased.

It was a really beautiful evening. I was surprised when I got out of work to discover that it wasn't hot at all anymore. It was still a little humid, but the heat had been replaced by a soft breeze, some clouds, and temperatures in a far more normal lower 80s. I had a nice, quick little ride to WaWa for milk. Treated myself to a Good Humor ice cream bar, too. Desserts based around birthday cake has been all the rage for the past year or so. Good Humor's version had vanilla ice cream around what tasted like a "cake" icing center, coated with colorful "cake crunch" bits. I finished it (Good Humor bars aren't that big), but I don't think I'll get it again. Too sweet for my blood.

No comments: