Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Super Hot

Ugh! It was so hot today. It was already hot when I was having breakfast around 10:30. I finished out The Thomas Crown Affair, then ran an episode of Lois & Clark. We're not the only ones dealing with a heat wave. Metropolis finds itself stuck in a freak heat wave in the middle of November in "The Man of Steel Bars." The citizens think Superman's powers are behind the heat! Superman - and Clark - will leave if Lois can't find who's really causing the city's meltdown.

Heat or no heat, my milk was out of date and had gone sour. I needed more. I headed off to WaWa around noon. Stopped at the Oaklyn Library for this week's volunteer session there, since it was on my way. Needless to say, despite the air conditioning, it wasn't busy there. One woman was on the computer; otherwise, it was me and the librarian. I organized DVDs, shelved children's books, and gave the kids's section a go-over. 

I did finally make it to WaWa around quarter of 1. Much to my surprise, I ran into Rose there. She was on her way to a meeting at the law firm she works for during the day and was just about to buy an iced coffee. I'd just bought my skim milk and an Icee. 

When I got home, I made an omelet with broccoli, cheese, and mushrooms for lunch while running another Lois & Clark episode. In "Pheromone My Lovely," it's the staff of the Daily Planet that gets hot and bothered when they're doused with a perfume that makes humans lose their inhibitions. Jimmy chases a model. Cat chases the copy machine repair man. Perry White serenades the cleaning lady with Elvis tunes. Lois chases Clark...and Lex Luthor chases Lois! Clark has to make sense of all the romance while pursuing a chemist who is a former flame of Luthor's bent on revenge.

Work was on-and-off busy. We were short on help, mainly because a lot of it went on vacation this week. Thankfully, the off times were really off. I was able to get out at a decent time with the help of one of the new cashiers, a teenage boy who speaks fluent Spanish and was able to explain to a Hispanic family that we're out of eggs. (As with the milk on the 4th of July, the shipment was too late to be shelved.)

No comments: