Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Almost Vacation

I once again awoke to rain, but it was long gone by the time I was eating breakfast and watching Smallville. The key that Mrs. Kent hid turns out to be a kind of Kryptonian "Rosetta" stone. Clark pushes it into the walls at the caves, and after being knocked out so hard he's found in the middle of the road, reveals that he can speak the language. The archaeologist Lex hired also finds the key, but the light knocks him into a coma. Clark goes to New York after getting an e-mail from Dr. Virgil Swann (Christopher Reeve), who is an expert on Krypton and its languages and tells Clark more about his heritage.

Went into "Visitor" while cleaning up from breakfast and getting ready for work. Sirus, the new boy in school, has fire and healing powers and claims to be an alien. Clark thinks he's found a fellow Kryptonian, especially after he rescues him from bullies, but Chloe and Pete discover that he has more Earthy origins.

Headed to work shortly after I finished. Thankfully, it never rained again after early this morning. It was gloomy, cloudy, and windy, but not quite as cold as it has been. I spent the first forty minutes and the last 40 minutes doing carts and the outside trash and recycling, but I mainly did returns. I also ended up covering a couple of cashiers in the registers for their breaks and shelved candy.

Went straight home after work. It may not have been raining, but it wasn't exactly a day to linger, either. Did one more Smallville episode while eating leftovers for dinner. Clark's on a "Precipice" when he attacks college boys who assaulted Lana and, after seeming to hurt one, is sued for damages. Meanwhile, Lex helps Lana learn how to defend herself against another attack and his own girlfriend Helen get rid of an obsessive ex-boyfriend. But the college boy isn't as hurt as he looks...and the girls are willing to help Clark expose his ruse.

I texted Rose during break about picking up Lauren tomorrow. I should have called earlier; she's going to Atlantic City tomorrow. Jodie said she or Dana would pick up Lauren, but we have to either consider using Uber, or Lauren has to come in the afternoon and lose her long layovers.

Speaking of Lauren, I spent the rest of the night after a shower chatting with her and watching Love Me or Leave Me. I go more into this dark musical biography featuring Doris Day and James Cagney at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Love Me or Leave Me

(And I'll add that this is my last review for almost a week and a half. My vacation starts tomorrow; Lauren will be here by tomorrow night. I'll resume my reviews on Thursday, May 23rd, but I'll be continuing to write daily in this blog.)

No comments: