Thursday, May 09, 2019

Rainy Day Caper

It was showering lightly when I woke up this morning. Cheered up a gloomy day with breakfast and Sailor Moon. We're first introduced to Makoto in "Jupiter, the Powerful Girl In Love." Makoto is a tall, strong girl who stands up for Usagi when she's attacked by bullies. In appreciation, Usagi brings Makoto to the arcade where she hangs out and introduces her to the others, including her crush Motoki. Meanwhile, the Negaverse's newest general is vain Zoicite, who has to find the seven Rainbow Crystals within seven humans. He first targets Crane Machine Joe, a boy who uses his power to manipulate crane games and win prizes. Makoto thinks he's cute and tries to get to know him...but she'll have to turn into the thunder-based guardian Sailor Jupiter to rescue him!

Work wasn't nearly as busy as it has been. A lot of people may have been scared off by the weather. While the rain ended as I was going to the Acme, it remained chilly and damp. I mostly alternated between doing two more full carts of returns and rounding up carts. Got stuck in the register once, and of course had to deal with an annoying customer who fussed because she hadn't read about a digital coupon needed for some of the sales.

Headed straight home after work. It started raining harder briefly, but the rain was vanishing even as I walked in my door. Charlie was finished in the bathroom for the day. I'm hoping he intends to paint the tile he put in. It's a strange green-brown color and looks nothing like the yellow tile in the rest of the room.

Had a quick smoothie and muffin lunch while watching more Sailor Moon. It takes a shy artist to finally bring Usagi and Mamoru together in "The Painting of Love: Usagi and Mamoru Get Closer." A renowned artist wants them to model for her newest creation. She's shy and sees herself as plain, refusing to paint herself as she really is. Mamoru puts her down for not putting herself out more, but Usagi encourages her to be herself. That may be a moot point when it turns out that she's a Rainbow Crystal holder...and that Tuxedo Mask may be after the crystals, too.

I really wanted to get to the Haddon Township Library today. Thankfully, by the time I was back on the bike, the rain was gone again. I cut through a brilliant green Newton Lake Park on my way there. The only people I saw were one lone jogger and several flocks of ducks and Canadian Geese.

The library wasn't busy, either. There wasn't a lot for me to do. Most of the DVDs were being saved for the student volunteers. I shelved what I could fit in the stacks, then moved on. Dollar Tree was even quieter, surprising for rush hour. I needed cars for Lauren and Mom there; also bought a surprise for Lauren.

Worked on writing when I got home. Dr. Dodonna and the White Queen give the group their assignments. Luke joins the Jet Pack Squad, including his college buddies Wedge and Biggs. He's disappointed to see Harris leaving with his cash. He'd begun to look up to the older man like a brother. Harris insists that he has debts he needs to pay off, but wishes Luke luck anyway.

Charlie returned while I was writing. He finally (and with much cursing) finished getting all of the new siding on the house. He says he's going to hold off on finishing the bathroom and painting the bedroom until the weather is better on Saturday.

Broke for dinner at quarter after 6. Watched more Smallville while I made Southwestern Turkey Soup (taco meat with the last of the vegetable stock and most of the vegetables in my refrigerator). "Ryan"  is a young teen with psychic powers who is a friend of Clark's. His aunt couldn't handle his ablities and dumped him in a mental facility with questionable ethics. Clark, Lex, and the Kents manage to get Ryan out, but he just winds up in a hospital again when it turns out he has a brain tumor and doesn't have much time to live. Clark tries to get him as much help as he can.

Did Lego Star Wars after I ate. After all the trouble I had with the bonus rounds yesterday, I came to the conclusion that I really need to earn more money for extras and characters first. Did the first three rounds of The Phantom Menace on Free Play. Had no problems anywhere. Completed "Negotiations" and "Escape from Naboo Palace"; missed one piece on the remaining round.

Ended my night with one of my favorite Muppet movies, The Great Muppet Caper. I go into more details on this nutty jewelry heist tale at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

The Great Muppet Caper

No comments: