Saturday, January 08, 2022

Family Matches

I was so worn out after work yesterday, I slept until past 11. Finished A Late Frost (which I found to be rather dull) and wrote in my journal. Grabbed breakfast while watching the last two hours of Sam Mitchell's morning Betty White tribute marathon. I came in just as Betty appeared on the week of Family Feud where other game show hosts played each other for charity. She, Jim Perry, Bob Eubanks, Bill Cullen, and Nipsey Russell cleaned up in the main round, but they just missed the Money Round. 

We got a Match Game '74 episode with a question about what Brett wants to do to the buzzer guy who annoys her, then saw Allen Ludden walk off-set after he and Betty kept missing questions on Tattletales. Betty apparently sat in on the panel in the late 60's color I've Got a Secret. She got to see a guy drive a one-wheeled motorcycle and hear Rich Little's many, many impersonations. 

Here's Sam's marathon, for your enjoyment!

Betty White Tribute Day #1

Printed out of a recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins off Pinterest I wanted to try. Made them while watching Encanto on Disney Plus. I go further into this animated fairy tale about a magical Columbian family at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 


Rose called as the movie ended and I was trying to make a banana smoothie for lunch. I think it's pretty obvious by now that I'm having no luck finding an apartment. I just can't find anything I can afford, and Rose says I'm living beyond my means. I don't know what to do. I really don't want to live with my mother. I'm proud of living on my own. I make my own meals, use public transportation easily, can do whatever I want at home. 

Trouble is, I've relied too heavily on my family over the years to make too many decisions and pay for too much. Rose thinks Mom can help take care of me until I can get on my feet, but I'm not sure how well we'll get along. Plus, she's having her own problems. Her house in the Villas is tiny and pricey. She may not be able to keep it. No to mention, Cape May County is expensive, and there really isn't anything down there for me. I tried living there once. It didn't work. There's also even less housing down there than there is here. 

I don't know what to do next. I don't belong in Cape May County, and I don't belong here. I'll keep looking for apartments, but too many of them are so expensive. What I really want to do is get out of South Jersey and away from everyone and everything and get a home of my own...but even then, where? How? I just don't know, and I should. I feel horrible about relying too heavily on Rose and her family. And I want to find a better job, but I can't do that until I find a place to live...and I can't get a better place to live until I find a better job.  

And I need to find a neuropsychologist, so someone can help me relate better to people. I've probably lost a lot of these apartments because I'm not good with people. I never know what to say or how to say it. I'm usually so lost in my own thoughts, I often don't see people waving at me or talking to me. I just want to be able to meet people who are like me.

Tried to cheer myself up with making chicken burgers and steamed broccoli for dinner while watching the next Betty White MG marathon. Betty kicked off 1978 by doing a mock strip tease in response to a question about a stripper. She did the last week of the show before they changed the set after the new Star Wheel came in. She got to sit next to Richard on his second-to-last week and try to figure out what was going on behind his dark glasses. (For the record, he had an eye infection.) 

Brett and Jack Klugman appeared together after their divorce/separation/whatever for what was likely the year's single most hilarious week, including the episode where Jack gets a Match Game sweatshirt after complaining the panelists never get anything. She was around with Connie Stevens and Jack Jones to see Brett and Charles change the new sign for New Year's...and Gene get a little too into the celebrating and pass out during the credits!

Join Betty to witness the many changes to Match Game in 1978...and come around tomorrow for the show's last year on CBS and Betty's most memorable episodes in syndication!

No comments: