Saturday, January 15, 2022

Soul Matches

Began a quick morning with breakfast and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. "Donald's Hiccups" quickly spread to all of his friends and may prevent them from singing "The Mickey Mouse Club March" on Clarabelle Cow's TV show! They all try to find ways to cure their hiccups...but it may take longer to cure Donald of his. 

Called Uber again. Though it was sunny and bright outside when I awoke, it was also brisk, gale-force windy, and bitterly cold, barely in the 20's. Once again, this was no day for a ride. Thankfully, both morning and evening drivers arrived in less than 10 minutes. Other than the evening driver almost ended up going up the ramp to Camden, rather than Oaklyn, both rides were quick and pleasant. (In the lady's defense, it was dark, and she said she was tired.)

Work wasn't busy when I got in. We were so quiet in the morning, I swept the store for the bagger a few times. Things picked up considerably later in the day. There's another winter storm coming. We're not supposed to get much, if anything, besides rain and a tiny bit of snow from the next round, but people were worried anyway. Maybe that's why a few of them were so grouchy, including one man who fussed over his state food cards that pay for nutritious edibles. Thank goodness my relief was right on time.

After I got home, I went straight to Hulu for Summer of Soul. Watched it while eating delicious stuffed clams with sweet potato fries and sauteed escarole with mushrooms for dinner, then while making my own recipe for Pineapple-Coconut Muffins. I go further into the story of the Harlem Cultural Festival in 1969 and how important it was to black culture of the time at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Heard Jodie ranting to someone or other on the phone while I made dinner. She's apparently not blaming me for still being here anymore - she's probably heard me talking about looking for a place - but she does blame Rose and insist that she's done nothing wrong. I wish she'd learn to take responsibility for her actions. She's as much at fault here as anyone. She's the one who couldn't be bothered to make me a lease or define me as "tenant" or "roommate" last year. She's the one who put off selling the house to remodel it. I've continued to give her rent. I'm sorry if the house is expensive, but I don't want to be here, either. I turned up Summer of Soul and finally ignored her. 

Worked on the application for the Collingswood apartment while watching the next Betty White/Match Game marathon. Most of Betty's PM episodes from 1979 through the end of the nighttime series in 1981 are familiar to anyone who, like me, is a regular Buzzr viewer. They're the ones they tend to run the most. Favorites from this round include the last time she and Allen appeared together on TV in 1980, the return of Trotter the dog (to the annoyance of Charles), a strange answer to a question about why Betty's able to attract cats from miles around, Brett's disgust at a perky 19-year-old contestant, and Betty's appearance on the final episode of the series in Brett's seat (she was doing a play).

Here's even more fun with Betty in the nighttime! And come back tomorrow for the last of the syndicated episodes!

No comments: