Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lights! Camera! Shopping!

There was a bit of excitement at work today, and for once, it wasn't because we were amazingly busy. (In fact, we were dead-to-steady customer-wise for most of the night.) About an hour after my arrival at 3:30, someone asked me why a guy with a TV camera was walking around. I had no idea. I later heard reports of people seen running around the store with checks the size of SUVs. The managers moved the open registers down to near the front door and self-checkout, and we were forbidden from using the intercom for an hour.

It wasn't until my break I found out what all the fuss was about. Someone presented two of our customers with a hundred-some dollar check and a $3,000-some dollar check for an Acme shopping spree, and one of the local TV stations was filming the whole thing for their newscast. I don't remember exactly why they were giving away shopping sprees, other than some of my other customers were a bit jealous they weren't the ones who got the money! ; 0 )

No comments: