Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Restless

I don't know what's wrong with me lately. I've been so bored. The bad weather and my erratic work schedule's kept me inside a lot, and while you'd probably never know it from the increased activity in this blog, I've had a terrible bout with writer's block. I haven't written an actual story since I posted "Be Careful, Words Can Hurt" here.

I must sound like a whiny, spoiled crybaby (or Serena from "Sailor Moon"). I don't know what's wrong with me. I shouldn't be bored. I have a job and lots of music and DVDs. I shouldn't complain, but I do. None of my friends live in the area, and while I like Erica and appreciate everything she, my landlady, my co-workers, and my family have done for me, nothing seems...right. I just don't fit in. Everyone's always saying there's lots of single late 20somethings like me, but I never see them. The only guys who ever pay attention to me outside of work lean out of their cars to insult me.

I want to write, but no one I know is a writer. I want a good, solid, normal job, but I've never known anyone with a normal, regular job besides Erica. I don't know why I feel weird or why I can't write something down and send it to everyone I can send it to. I don't know if my writing's good enough. I don't feel like I'm doing anything useful, and I hate my boring mornings.

I guess it's just cabin fever, but I've had a hard time getting out of it. I'm worried about meeting people. I don't know where weird people like me go offline. Where do you go when you're weird and eccentric and don't fit in? Where do you go if you don't drink, but you're in your late 20s and single and don't really like crowds? What do you do if you're scared to trust people but want more out of life?

No comments: