Friday, June 15, 2012

June Is Bustin' Out All Over

I'd never seen a nicer day in mid-June. It was bright, sunny, and breezy, but neither humid nor too hot. I'm glad I had enough time before work to run to WaWa for half a gallon of skim milk. The rain earlier this week was a big help to the local flora. The roses are in their last blooms, but the tiger lilies are spectacular. There were quite a few people out and about, mowing their lawns, cleaning their cars, or chatting with their neighbors. WaWa was busy with kids just getting out of school who were in the mood for their first snack of summer vacation.

When I got home, I went on my computer and did the budget. It was what I thought. Between my vacation and everything I bought beforehand and afterwards, I way overspent...and I don't think I've been doing much better this month. I really need to start being more careful.

I had a quick lunch of leftovers, then changed into my uniform, grabbed a bag of Emerald Trail Mix for a snack, and headed to work. Thankfully, work was steady, not nearly as bad as it has been, despite a lack of help. Two women went home sick. (I believe one actually was - she was out yesterday - but the other was questionable at best.) Audubon High School's graduation ceremony was at 6PM, and many people were buying cakes and other party fixings to get ready. The Acme was so quiet by 6, I got quickly with no relief.

Rode over to Tu Se Bella's in the shopping center behind the Acme for a slice of cheese pizza, a slice of mushroom pizza, and a bottle of water. It was the height of the dinner hour, and they were busy with people coming in from shopping for dinner. I ate my pizza (trying to get the cheese to stay on the plain one) while baseball played on the TV.

Went back to the Acme after dinner to do my own grocery shopping. The Acme's having a huge chicken sale this week. I got breasts, tenderloins, and cutlets for half-off, plus I had a 75 cents off coupon on the breasts from the Giveaway game. I also needed fish packs, more of those mint chocolate chips, the Acme generic "Carlita" brand tortillas on sale, peanut butter, cards for both of my dads for Father's Day, almonds (dark chocolate flavored - yum!), and green tea.

And I have a pretty good schedule next week. Three days off in a row (two of them to visit the family in Cape May County), and once again, no days later than 7:30, which makes me very happy. They must have finally corralled enough college students into taking the late hours. That doesn't make for a lot of hours, though - now I'm glad I took those extra hours yesterday.

No comments: