Friday, September 21, 2012

Almost Autumn

I'm so proud of myself. I awoke earlier than usual so I could get a lot done today, starting with a gym run. I've been doing the elliptical machine during both of my gym runs, instead of the bike. It takes off twice as many calories as the bike does, especially given I ride my bike every day. I watched Let's Make a Deal and worked up quite a sweat. Had a nice session on the arm machines, too. I arrived at quarter after 10 and must have just missed a class. It was busier than it has been when I came in, quiet when I left.

The college student at the front desk at the Acme said I'd just missed the morning crowd there. Good. I was able to pick up my two vacation paychecks and do my grocery shopping with no trouble. I didn't have a really huge order, anyway. Brown sugar, milk, and peanut butter were the main things. Fruit concentrate and the Emerald Trail Mix bags were on good sales. I bought two of each. Decided it would be cheaper to buy cheese at the Acme on sale than at the Farm Market. (Not to mention, I intend to check out Audubon's Town-Wide Yard Sale tomorrow and won't be going home right away.) Grabbed a ham steak that was on sale and a package of multi-grain bakery bread that you could just stick in the oven and bake (the latter was half-off; supposedly, the bakery had overstocked and needed to clear some items out). 

When I got home, I made Scrambled Eggs with late-summer vegetables and Muenster Cheese for lunch, then went back out again. I still had some errands and things to do. I never got to the Oaklyn Library last week, so that was my first stop. I'm guessing no one touched the DVDs last week. The adult's and children's shelves were a mess. The board books needed to be worked on, too.

Since I was in the neighborhood anyway, after I left the library I rode over to the bank. I had two paychecks to deposit, and part of my rent is still due. The bank was having their "70s Day"; I gave my money to a teller in a dye-dye blouse, long dangling feather earrings, bell bottoms, and long, straight hair held down by a narrow headband.

I dropped by Uncle Ken's on my way home. I needed to pick up the pan from the Apple Spice Cake I brought to the football party on Sunday. I got to say "hi" to Dolores really quick. She was making a late lunch for her and Uncle Ken. Dad and Jodie were apparently down in Cape May, visiting friends.

I got in around 10 after 2. That gave me enough time to get together the rest of the rent, change into my uniform, and bake that loaf of bread. I dropped off the rent at my landlord's, then headed to work. Work was pretty much the same as the rest of the week, on-and-off busy all night. Other than a few annoying customers, there were no major problems, and I was in and out.

While I'm a little annoyed with having to work until 9 and 9:30 Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, I have Wednesday off...and then, vacation! My second week off should run from Thursday through next Tuesday. As I mentioned in some earlier posts, I'm just going to stay here this year. I don't have the money for traveling, and I could use a week to myself.

No comments: