Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Back to Looniversity Again

Started my day with a run to the gym around noon. It wasn't all that busy, with a few women on the treadmills and working on the leg machines. I watched Family Feud as I did a really nice session on the elliptical machine, then worked on my legs.

I made a quick trip over to Fashion Bug on the other side of the Audubon Crossings Shopping Center. Alas, they too now have "Everything Must Go" signs in the windows. The thing is...their sales aren't really all that great. I only saw 20 and 30 percent off, and 50 percent off summer clothes. That's not "going out of business." That's "normal for the time of year." No wonder they're losing business. I ended up buying a second pair of jean shorts from Avenue for $9.96. From now on, they're where I go to when I need decent clothes cheaply or in a hurry.

When I got home, I had the last of the turkey meatballs, along with Ratatouille and cheddar cheese, in a wrap for lunch. Ran school-themed Tiny Toon Adventures episodes as I ate. There were two episodes revolving around the Tiny Toons' school, Acme Looniversity, in the first season, plus a third one that concentrated on test panic. Plucky was the star of my favorite stories in these episodes. In the second "Looniversity Daze," he cheats on Foghorn Leghorn's pop quiz, then has such a terrible guilt trip, he finally confesses. In "Test Stressed," he convinces Shirley McLoon to channel Einstein's brain, prompting a psychedelic song sequence that spoofs "Pink Elephant on Parade" from Dumbo.

Work was very busy all night. For one thing, it did rain a little bit when I was riding home from the gym and I think while I was having lunch, but it's never gotten as bad as yesterday. People who avoided going out in yesterday's weather are probably coming out today. Many schools started today or will start tomorrow (including Oaklyn - I saw the kids walking home as I headed for work). It's also still the beginning of the month, and people are doing their shopping no matter what. Thankfully, the night went quickly, and there were no problems.

No comments: